JUST LIKE MAMA MAKES! Sherri gets the secrets to amazing chicken and waffles from Mama Laverne and daughter Donna Richardson!
MAMA LAVERNE’S CHICKEN AND WAFFLE’S
- Mama LaVerne’s Chicken & Waffle Seasoning Mix
- Chicken wings or chicken tenderloins
- Egg whites
- Hot Sauce
- Salt & Cayenne Pepper
- Lowfat Buttermilk
- Syrup – Michele’s Syrup (maple cream)
Whisk 2 egg whites, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a bowl.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Dip chicken in the egg mix and cover completely. Next, coat chicken in chicken seasoning in a bowl or plastic bag. Shake off the excess seasoning.
Over medium-heat in a 10- or 12-inch cast iron skillet (non- stick) with a 1⁄2 inch of oil, cook chicken, flip and cook on the other side. Total cooking time is 10-25 minutes or until done. Or cook chicken in a preheated deep fryer with oil at 355- 365 degrees. Cook for 8-15 minutes or until done. Cooks 2- 3 pounds of chicken.
Melt 6 tablespoons of butter, let sit for a couple of minutes. Whisk or blend each ingredient one at a time: 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, 6 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Add waffle mix to the liquid mix. Mix batter until smooth. Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking oil. Add batter to the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
FOR EASIER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Follow Fried Chicken Recipe on the back of the package.
- Follow Mama’s Light Belgian Waffles on the back of the package. Serve with melted butter and hot syrup
MAMA LAVERNE’S CHICKEN AND WAFFLE CORN DOG
- After frying chicken tenders insert kabob skewer. Dip chicken kabob into waffle mix then cook in the deep fryer. Cook for about one minute then flip and cook for about one minute. Serve warm.